Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The World at a Glance

PR-Berlin
Last night, during a mob raid, fifteen German meat processing plants were burned to the ground. This is not the only attack of its kind recently. On Thursday a raid was carried out in the Hamburg area during which a mob of an estimated 567 people broke into a pork killing plant and released 6834 hogs into the streets. Reports have been coming in from all over Germany of butchers being found dead in their shops. Herman Schwientoeter, a fifth generation sausage maker, made the following statement this afternoon. “I ham fery scared zat mebbe somevon vill zhoot me, bang bang. It like durink ze Third Reich.” This has all been due to a recent vegan movement among the younger German population. This conflict is being commonly referred to throughout all of Europe as “Die Duetsche Wurstkrise” or “The German Sausage Crisis.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Poor Ricky,

I can only assume that this particular article falls under the 'current international crises which may or may not be happening even as we speak' catagory.

I actually did attempt to look it up, which gives you some idea of how distractable I can be in the wee hours of the morning - I really need to get to bed.

Thank you for your entertaining views and comments. Odd, but interesting.

Oxymoronica

anti xti said...

HOT DOG....that was funny!

I really like Hamburgers too; with sautee'd mushrooms, mayo, ketchup, light onion, garlic, dill pickles, etc...

I can't imagine why vegans would give up Hamburgers over there in Germany...I mean, you say right there, "...a raid was carried out in the Hamburg....." oh crud, you said Hamburg, not hamburger.

Nevermind.

Colin said...

This is ficticious. Sorry if I have misled anyone. PR